Thursday, July 23, 2009

List Your Aunts and Uncles and Tell One Thing About Them

I have been blessed with many great aunts and uncles.

Mom's Side
Craig and Sue: what can I say!  It was only about 5 years ago that I began to get close to my Uncle Craig.  Craig has become my adrenaline rush buddy!  He goes skydiving multiple times a month and just last weekend he met Eric and I in Ogden to go with us on our first skydiving adventure!  He and I always end up in a water fight when we are together.  We like to give each other a bad time and tease one another!  He and I are currently training to run in a half marathon together the end of August!

Karen and Scott: I love every opportunity I have to spend with Karen and Scott. They live in Arizona so I usually see them when they come to Utah.  Karen has always been interested in what I have goign on in my life and I know she is there if I ever need anything.  We give Karen a bad time because she always freezes when she comes to Utah because it's not as hot as it is in Arizona.  Scott is a quiet man but interested in what is going on in our lives and would do anything for anyone.  I admire their strength as they face the struggles and trials that have been put in their path!

Moe and Theron: I got close to them when I was going to school at BYU-Idaho!  Anytime I needed something I knew I could call Moe.  Anything from a kitchen utensil, camping stuff, or a place to store my belongings during the summer months!  It was nice to have some family in the same town as I was going to school!  I would visit her a couple times a month while there.  Theron spends a lot of his time working up at their farm!  I do remember goign out to the farm once and having a good tim there.

Wally and Gwen: Several years ago Gwen told me that Wally was ticklish on his mustache.  Now everytime I see him I have to tickle his mustache.  Wally will do ANYTHING for ANYONE!  He will give his shirt off his back if that's what's needed.  He is a true example of christlike charity! Gwen likes to do cross stitch and other crafts.  She cares about Wally and will do anything to make him happy!

Dad's Side
Vicki and Chuck: They have always had lots of animals.  I remember them having horses and dogs! We went to their ranch once to ride horses.  Vicki lived close to grandma and grandpa so everytime we would go visit our grandparents they would come to grandma's house too. 

Curt and Suzanne: Curt has a huge sense of humor!  It is nonstop laughs when you are around him.  He has a positive outlook on life.  We went camping with them several times and I remember playing cards, and walking on the trails with him. I remember goign and visiting them at their home in Oregon.  We went to a mall that had an ice skating rink in the center of it.  Suzanne is one of my heros!  She is a breast cancer survivor!  She went through her chemo with a smile on her face and a determination to beat it!  I only hope that if I am ever faced with something like that that I can have the positive outlook on like as she did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to read about your memories of your aunts and uncles. I'm glad you have those memories and are building more.
Mom

Our Biggs Family said...

So fun to read. I love that we have this opportunity to reflect and share our thoughts on different things.