Sunday, September 27, 2009

Did it snow where you grew up? If so, what did you do in the snow?

When we lived in California it was a rare occurance to have snow. I remember once when it snowed we woke up in the morning and went in to our parents room to tell them it had snowed. THey didn't believe us and had to look out the window to check for themselves. It didn't snow a lot but enough that we could go out and have a good time in it as a family.

When we moved to WA we did get snow each winter. Not usually many days, and usually it would snow and be gone by the end of the day. I remember the first summer we lived there we would sled down the hill because not many cars could actually make it up the hill. Shortly after that many people ended up buying 4 wheel drives so it was no longer "safe" to sled down. We also enjoyed going into the woods behind our house to do some sledding. I remember playing in the snow with the neighborhood kids (Tova and Kara). One thing we enjoyed doing was getting in Tova's hot tub and then jumping out to do snow angels and then getting back in! :)

Mom would always have hot cocoa waiting for us when we would decide we were too wet and cold to play outside. We'd come in and get warmed up and usually end up back outside.

As a family we also enjoyed the snow! Snowball fights, walks down the street to enjoy the beauty, building snowmen and just having a good time.

As I have gotten older I have decided that I don't like the snow so much. I don't enjoy getting cold and wet and the snow only makes it harder to go places. I do think the world looks very pretty after a snowfall but would rather enjoy it from the inside than being out in the middle of it!

2 comments:

garysharon said...

Last time I checked it snowed in the winter not the summer. (I had to point that mistake out) :) I love it right after it snows it makes everything so pretty. It's fun when you can stay at home and enjoy it. It was also fun when the grandkids were here to see them experience snow. Mom

Our Biggs Family said...

I love the picture of the view. I like it too when we don't have to go anywhere in the snow.