Friday, November 6, 2009

Describe a Trip Downtown

When I read this question I thought of a few "downtowns" from my home in Washington. The first one is Downtown Silverdale. This is the the older part of Silverdale. It's not big but it sits right on the waterfront. On sunny days (especially Sunday afternoons or nice evenings after dad would get home from work) we would pack a dinner and go to the waterfront. I always enjoyed combing the beach when it was low tide looking for shells, baby crabs and whatever else I could find. We would sometimes bring a football or frisbee and play catch. We just enjoyed the beauty that surrounded us! The waterfront is one of my favorite things about my hometown!! There are a few shops in downtown but we didn't usually go through them.

Another "downtown" that I thought of was Seattle! If we were going to Seattle to just enjoy the city life we usually rode the ferry boat across the sound and would walk around in Seattle (it's easier than driving and finding parking). We'd walk up to the space needle and walk around that area, we usually rode the monorail, and walked along the pier. We would also walk through and window shop at Pikes Market. After I graduated from college my parents took me to eat at the restuarant at the top of the Space Needle. That is a special treat! It is a revolving resturaunt with a fabulous view! I never really get bored of going to Seattle. I love to people watch and there are always interesting people walking the streets in Seattle.

The last "downtown" that I thought of was Downtown Poulsbo. I love going here with my mom. Their downtown is down in the Norwegian style. They have lots of fun little stores to walk through. Our favorite is the Norwegian bakery! :) YUM. It is a fun and friendly atmosphere. The sidewalks are always busy and it seems as though everyone you pass has a smile on their face.

2 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

How fun to read your memories of downtown. I don't think I have ever been to the Poulsbo downtown. Maybe we will have to do that one time when we are all there.

garysharon said...

I enjoyed reading your memories of downtown. You are good at thinking about all the downtowns. I would never have thought about the waterfront as being downtown, but it is.
Mom