Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Write About Some Places You Went With Your Mother

I have many fond memories of time spent with my mom. When I was a child I remember her taking us to the park to play.  Sometimes we would go to a place called "Playland" where they had all sorts of tubes and slides to crawl on and go down (indoors).

As a youth I remember my mom being very involved in young womens.  Often times her calling was in YW's so she would go to mutual with me.  I always enjoyed having her there.  During my high school years we would go out for ice cream at night or just go look around at stores (Target, Ross, Wal-mart, etc).  

When I was in college, BYU-Idaho had what they called "Mother's Week."  Mom would always make it a point to come visit me during this week!  It was a special treat for me to share a week of my college life with my mom each year.  We would usually go out to eat, go to some performances done by students on campus, play games, and just enjoy being together.  She would always take me grocery shopping too which was a nice treat!

As I have lived in Utah I've enjoyed special visits from my mom.  It became a tradition for my mom to come up once a year and spend a few days in Salt Lake.  We would get grandma and bring her up too and all stay in a motel room where we would pamper ourselves (Kim would be with us too and sometimes Aunt Karen, my cousin Tiffany or my sister Jen would be able to come too).  We really just enjoyed being with each other.

When I go home for a visit to WA I enjoy going to lunch with my mom on her lunch break or going shopping in the evenings when she would get home from work.  We also enjoy going on walks with each other.

My mom is one of my best friends!!! She has always been there for me and I have always known that I can go to her at anytime and with anything.  She is understanding and is a good listener.  I have been blessed to have a mom (and dad) who taught me to be self reliant, to live within my means, to get a good education, to love God, to serve others and to always work on building my testimony. Thanks for always being there mom! I will always need my mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love spending time with you kids. It really doesn't matter what we do, I just enjoy being together.
mom